We are part of the Methodist Church, the fourth largest Christian denomination in England. The Methodist Church was founded by John and Charles Wesley in the 18th Century. We are joined with a cluster of 18 other chapels in North Cornwall known as the Camelford and Week St Mary Circuit. The Methodist Church has a democratic structure and we have a regular Church Meeting, consisting of all Church members, which is the main decision-making body for our Church.
We are supported in our work by our Minister, Rev Linda Barriball and Church & Pastoral Worker, Sophie Doyle, Community Outreach Worker.. Their contact details are are listed on the contact page. We also work closely with Week St Mary Parish Church, sharing events and mission activities.
The current building was built in 1881 but is in fact the third Methodist Chapel in Week St Mary. The two earlier Chapels are now houses. We recently completed a major refurbishment, creating a flexible, accessible meeting space with audio-visual facilities and a modern kitchen . The facilities are frequently hired to outside organisations and community groups.